Here is the official statement from Pastor John concerning COVID-19 and how we are moving forward as a church:
After monitoring and considering, logical and informed information from the following sources:
1. Trusted medical leadership,
2. Trusted local Authorities,
3. The county medical department,
We have decided to NOT have church service in the building this Sunday, March 15, 2020. Any further gathering announcements will be made at a later time. All of the sources considered, mainly held to the stance that we follow government directive. By Friends Church not having service in the building this week, we are hoping to be one small part of narrowing the curve of the Coronavirus in our community, city and state. I do feel it is imperative that we be leaders in our community and that we should work to be a part of the solution toward better health. The government and medical community are working hard to “flatline” the spike of the virus, and we need to do our small part. This does NOT mean that we are hiding and not trusting GOD. Rather, it is, what I consider, the best option for Battle Creek Friends Church, it’s families and people at this moment in time. We need to be the church in our community. This moment in time gives us another opportunity to love others. Please do message, text and call if you have questions, or have a good word, or need a prayer. We do this together.
So here are some suggestions in the meantime:
1. Pray— pray for: those effected by this time, medical professionals, other churches, family and neighbors and our world. (Romans 12:12, Psalm 145:18, 1 Timothy 2:8)
2. Meditate on the word of God. (Isaiah 26:3, Philippians 4:8, Proverbs 4:20-22)
3. Don’t let your mind go to stress and anxiety. (Philippians 4:6, James 1:2-4)
4. Seek God—to be closer to HIM. (Psalm 1)
5. Love God and your Neighbor. (Mark 12:30-31)
6. Don’t live in fear. Know that God is in control. (Isaiah 41:10)
And stay diligent in washing hands...
Love you all very much. We will get through this together.